January 10, 2008
Did you know the exciting thing about breast cancer is that your chances of getting it are only one in twelve women? And that's directly from the Breast Cancer Institute. The other good news is that it is preventable and 90% of women diagnosed in the early stages go on to lead normal, healthy lives.
Whether you have breast cancer or if you are just concerned about the possibility of having a problem in that area, pop onto the Internet and you will find approximately 15,500,000 sites on treating breast cancer. The information on these sites varies from the extreme conventional approach to the extreme alternate. From total invasion therapy such as chemotherapy to massive dosages of some expensive product someone is trying to push. It is likely to leave the average person full of information but more confused than when they started. Like prostate cancer in men, everybody seems to have a different idea. What is very interesting is that I had to search very diligently to find any mention of prevention or treatment by lifestyle.
There is an absolute avalanche of information on conventional treatment with billions of our money being spent on research, chemo, radiation and surgery, but genuine natural preventative methods are thin on the ground and usually difficult to seek out, but persevere, they are out there.
Doctors are often very reluctant to recommend alternatives because they are scared of malpractice suits, due to their insurance which doesn’t cover alternatives plus the medical boards can and do suspend their licenses or fine them heavily. Besides which, only a small percentage of medical professionals know very much about alternatives anyway. Bureaucracy, politicians, lawyers; pharmaceutical companies dominate and control our conventional ‘health care’ system. They rule the treatments, not doctors.
A few things you should know about cancer treatments:
· Yes, alternative therapies do work when used in conjunction with an experienced practitioner. Almost all alternative therapies have documented scientific studies to back them up. These studied developments invariably take place outside the conventional system so go unreported. Some successful treatments are hundreds of years old and yet are still ignored by the media and mainstream medicine. To date the public has generally been kept in the dark but fortunately the Internet and media interests are opening doors.
· Basically, if you get the main alternative categories into perspective and put them all together you will obtain the best preventative results. These categories include nutrition, organic and raw foods (to retain the vital enzymes), exercise, detoxification, relaxation, mental and emotional attitude, avoiding electromagnetic radiation and re-building your immune system.
· It is vital to keep an open mind. There are two things that distinguish a survivor from those who do not survive. Survivors have the strongest desire to live and to carry on with their lives. They ask questions, they read books; they check the Internet, listen to tapes and make phone calls. That way they find out what will work for them. These people are not afraid to do something both different and positive.
Some big mistakes regarding alternatives:
· Believing that if alternatives do work, then the conventional system would use them. That is so wrong! Conventional medicine produces mind-blowing profits for the giant international drug companies. As you would appreciate, inexpensive alternate therapies pose a threat to the profitability of the entire existing ‘health’ system.
· Do not think that using alternatives means you have to totally abandon conventional doctors and therapies. Always work with your professional and tell them what you are doing. If they don’t like it, then find one who is sympathetic. They are around. It is not a do-it-yourself project but at the same time it is your body, so do what you think is best for you.
· Be aware that the medical profession tends to forget that we are all different, whereas alternative therapies treat each case individually.
· Importantly try to avoid family or friends attempting to influence your decisions. Drive your own bus, the fewer people that know what you are actually doing about your self treatment the better.
· Do not search for a ‘magic’ pill. Lots of changes in your lifestyle will be mandatory. If you keep doing the same old things you always did, you will always get the same result!
· Lastly, do not wait until you are told all hope is gone with conventional therapies before ‘trying’ alternatives. By then it may make your recovery a lot slower. The sooner you start the quicker the results, just keep an open mind.
Some very important things to:
· Remember prevention is better than cure. Change your lifestyle now whatever your current situation. It’s vital to obtain a healthy eating pattern. After all, we are what we absorb and if you continue to put junk with no nutrition into your body, you will only increase your chances of continuing problems.
· One of the proven methods so correctly espoused by all alternate practitioners is raw food. Foods that are eaten raw retain the vital enzymes that are eliminated by cooking. Most people go “Oh! Erk,” but in fact raw food actually tastes better than cooked food, we just need to rearrange our perverted 21st century taste buds!
· Educate yourself, research, join alternate support groups, exercise, and look also at yoga, massages, aromatherapy, homoeopathy, Chinese medicine plus relaxation and meditation techniques.
· Interestingly the body does not know the difference between what is real and what is imagined. It only knows what the mind tells it. If you keep telling your body that it is well and don’t mention your problems, don’t ever use the word cancer, don’t even talk about it and your body will not know it may have a problem. Now I know to some that may sound a little outlandish, but there is plenty of proof in the five most important words in the English language and they are ‘whatever you think, you create’.
· You create your thoughts, no one else does. You can think negative thoughts or positive thoughts; it’s entirely up to you! Whatever you think, it will affect your body.
Some other thoughts:
There was an article in the UK Times Newspaper (Nov 06) concerning women actually having their breasts removed to avoid the risk of cancer. Apparently 12% of English women are either having a double mastectomy or seriously considering it.
Surely there's something wrong in our society that women can be conned into such a major decision merely because they have a supposed ‘high risk’?
Can you imagine a man having his private parts removed in case he got cancer of the prostate? I think not.
Giving in before the possibility of anything happening is totally insane. ‘High risk’ is just two words, nothing more.
What on earth is wrong with prevention? If you take charge of your lifestyle and cut out or at least down on the chocolates, coffee, cigarettes, white flour, de-natured foods in packets and tins, foods full of chemicals, cola style drinks and turn off that mobile phone you will be on the right path.
I have heard patients say, “Oh, I couldn’t do that; life would not be worth living”. One thing for sure is that the alternative will be a painful, miserable old age (if you get that far). What you need to be looking for is quality of life, not just living!